Friday, January 09, 2009

Why Fridays Should Be My Day Off

1. Because I leave pretty early in the day and don't have any evening meetings. Wait, is that a bad thing? No...but it's one less work day to cram evening meetings into, so other days are often double or triple booked.

2. Because I'd like to have the option of choosing my own day off.

3. Because it would be nice to have two days off in a row, you know...like a weekend?


4. Because if I'm honest with myself, they are. By this I mean, that even if I'm in my office with great intentions and no outside interruptions, barely anything gets done. I manage to waste much of the day anyway. Hence this blog post. And no sermon writing...even though I need it by 5 p.m. tomorrow and somehow think Baby Girl will not be very amenable to me writing tonight or tomorrow morning. And I won't be happy to write it tomorrow morning if she sleeps (or rather doesn't) as she has been lately.

Okay--no more whining. I AM going to get something productive done before I head home today!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I agree-- you definitely should have the option of choosing your own day off! In an ideal world (or call)... maybe the next one will be ideal! :-)

Also, I miss you! I live too far away. Baby Girl is growing up!