Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Check Engine

Last week, the 'check engine' light in my car came on. My husband drove it and said not to worry about it (says the man who doesn't drive around in this really cold winter with a 7 1/2 month old). He also said that he'd take it in to be checked. I'm giving him until next Monday and then I'll do something about it if he hasn't. But that's not the point...

I wish that people had 'check engine' lights. I feel like mine is on and I'm driving around ignoring it. It sounds like I'm running okay, but something isn't right. I'm tired and run down. And I can't even find the words that I want to right now.

3 comments:

Young Seeker said...

Greetin's Silent; maybe people do have a check engine light, but we can't ever see our own dashboard, or we can see it but don't notice the warning lights flashing. And, this is when God places a "mechanic" in our life who can...
The challenge comes in discerning who is wearing the greasy coveralls and is able to help. Peace to you!

Unknown said...

I always take it as a message for me as well as my car! Check in with someone who can give you an objective opinion on how you are doing, whether that's your primary care doc or a spiritual mentor. (((Silent)))

Jessica said...

Sweetie... I think your check engine light has been on for like two years (vocationally). Though Baby Girl is definitely a bright spot.

There's a virus going around that just makes you really really tired. No fever or anything else, just big fatigue. Be good to yourself!!