Thursday, July 30, 2009

Big C, Little c, what begins with C?

Camels on the ceiling, C, c, C*

Today I'm grateful for:
  • church ~ the body of Christ, the universal church, especially those times we live it out well
  • communion ~ I'm such a Lutheran; sacraments are so important to me
  • communion of saints ~ especially that "mystic sweet communion with those whose rest is won"
  • connections ~ of all sorts, especially with people
  • colleagues ~ one in particular has been particularly helpful in my life in the last few days, but there are so many I'm grateful for
  • cats ~ I've always been more of a cat person than a dog person. Perhaps it's because cats are more like me--fiercely independent, seem stand-offish and/or shy, but when they love you, they can't get enough attention
  • cuddles ~ especially from a certain 14-month-old in my life
  • china ~ two sets in particular, one handed down from my grandpa's cousin that has real gold leafing and one handed down from my mom
  • C ~ my daddy...he's one major reason the communion of saints is so important for me. He's been gone for 22 years now, more than double the time I had to know him. He meant so much and I know how much he loved me. And I know we are connected. It doesn't always feel like enough, but it's all I have.

I'll think of more later; I know I will. I keep thinking of so many things for the past letters. Here's the beginning of that list: Advent, anticipation, baptism, books, blogs, boxes. (I mean really, how could I forget baptism, books, and blogs yesterday?)


*thanks to Dr. Seuss

No comments: