Thursday, April 02, 2009

To Do List

So...we are flying up to Holy Week and these are the major points of my to do list.
  • Palm/Passion Sunday Sermon (services Saturday evening and 2 Sunday morning)
  • Maundy Thursday Sermon
  • Good Friday "sermonette" -- we have an ecumenical service and a series of 6 short (i.e. 3 minutes max) reflections and I have to do one of them

So in the midst of sermonizing, I have decided to apply for a job that I probably have no chance of getting. A job which is going to begin looking at applicants on April 15. Yeah....

So my goal is to get Sat/Sun sermon done tonight or first thing in the morning and get going on the application. I'm the kind of preacher who has difficulty with writing two sermons at the same time, so even though I have ideas for both Thursday and Friday, to actually write them before Sunday is over isn't likely.

The good news (in this) is that I'm an associate pastor and so not preaching on Easter morning! On the other hand, the reason I'm looking for another job is that I'm an associate pastor. Not completely true--I'm learning that being an associate pastor isn't all bad...it's just not so good for me here right now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll be an Interim Associate for the next year, so I guess that means I won't preach Easter. I hadn't thought of that. Sounds so weird!

Jessica said...

Ooh, good luck with the new job!!!