Right now it is snowing, with 3-5 inches predicted between now (noon) and 5 p.m. Many schools around here are closing early. If our district closes early, we will not have confirmation tonight. I'm actually really wishing that will happen! I have no desire to have class tonight. I'm also checking a blog regularly--live labor blogging of a friend. I wish I had thought of that 6 months ago; it would have made the boring parts of the day more fun. (Did I just write that my labor was boring? I can't believe I think of it that way--it was exciting, but the first 4 hours between when my water broke and when they started pitocin was pretty boring.)
Anyway, the snow falling and thinking about new birth has me thinking of dreams and wishes...so I'm making a list.
- that my sweet baby girl will always be as happy as she is today and as excited to see me
- that I could curl up under a blanket and read a good book
- that my house was organized the way I wish (currently a number of closet contents are strewn in unusual places)
- that I didn't have to work full time at this time of my life
- that I had friends in real life that I saw more than once a year or so
- that my husband and I had some time to just be together without worries and responsibilities and things we should be doing
Wow...I thought I'd be more profound when I titled the post. Oh well. It is what it is. Now back to work.