Monday, November 17, 2008

Sick Day

Do you know the worst time to get sick when you are a pastor? Midway through worship.

Today I am thankful for a few things in particular related to this.
1. working with another pastor (who was preaching this week) to whom I said after communion, "Can you take over? I feel like I'm going to pass out." (It was pass out or puke, but decided I'd shorten it up)
2. being able to leave after the first service instead of staying for the second when I felt so awful
3. being able to make it to my car before puking and having an empty drink cup from a fast food restaurant in my car to hurl into
4. getting home safely despite my teeth chattering so hard that I could barely see the road
5. a husband who took care of Baby Girl while I slept most of the day, only bringing her to me when she needed to nurse and also going out to get Kentucky Fried Chicken's mashed potatoes because those were the only things that sounded good
6. feeling better today

This was the third time in a month or so that I've had what felt like a 24-hour flu bug--nausea, chills/fever, achy body, etc. So I did give in and go to the doctor today--even though I was feeling much better. They drew blood and have called to say that my white count is high so it seems to be bacterial and are prescribing antibiotics. My husband is picking them up now. If it had been viral, I'd just have had to get through it. The last time I was on antibotics, they were almost worse than the illness, so I'm hoping that's not the case with these. We'll see I guess.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh honey... I'm sorry you feel so awful. I'm glad for all six of your items, too. :-)