Friday, January 19, 2007

RevGalBlogPals Friday Five

It's been a very full, busy week. Here's the F5, short and sweet.

The questions are simple, the answers unlimited. Go!


Who Director of Youth and Family Ministry, my friend

What
turned in her letter of resignation

When yesterday

Where at my congregation

Why because she got a different job and she has been unhappy here

Bonus: How it makes me feel? Very happy for her. Mixed feelings for me. I'm sad because I'll really miss her. We really helped support each other, both in terms of helping each other out when need be, but also to encourage each other through the challenges of relating with senior pastor. I'm relieved, because I will no longer be in the middle between her and senior pastor, even when they didn't intentionally put me there. I'm motivated because it's part of the push I needed to work on completing the paperwork required to make myself available for a different call. I'm worried about what additional stuff I'm going to have to take on in the near future. But most of all, I'm going to miss her.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Blessings to you in your discernment process.

Sally said...

Prayers for your journey- for the right call to come along at the right moment.

Jessica said...

Wow... lots of feelings. I'm glad for her, too, and glad for the motivation that her transition is providing you. Can't wait to read your stuff. :-)