Friday, February 15, 2013

See

See...

‘See, the home of God is among mortals.
He will dwell with them;
they will be his peoples,
and God himself will be with them;
he will wipe every tear from their eyes.
Death will be no more;
mourning and crying and pain will be no more,
for the first things have passed away.’
Revelation 21:3b-4

These prompts were designed for pictures, but I'm much more a word person (and don't want to give away my identity so easily on this blog).

Still--why are these the words that came to me with the word "See"?

They are beautiful words, yes. They are a beautiful sentiment, yes. I believe God has the power to wipe the tears from our eyes, yes (and sometimes even does). And I believe God is present with us now--at home among mortals today--even as we await the passing away of the first things.

But really, of all the things, see could point to, this is what came up?

I can't explain it; I guess I needed to hear these words again.

No comments: