1. Does your job ever call for travel? Is this a joy or a burden?
Not really. Once a year we have a Fall Conference and once a year Synod Assembly. But these are always within a few hours and don't so much feel like travel. They usually include one overnight and I'm often able to stay with family or friends.
2. How about that of your spouse or partner?
No business travel for him.
3. What was the best business trip you ever took?
I was privileged to be a voting member of our Churchwide Assembly in 2007. It was exhausting, but an incredible experience.
4. ...and the worst, of course?
Can't think of a worst.
5. What would make your next business trip perfect?
Well--my next 'business' trip is to our Fall Conference in a few weeks. It's about an hour and half away from home, two overnights and two busy days--coming home to an evening of meetings. And Baby Girl is joining me. So--for it to be perfect will include a happy baby during travel and sessions and good sleeping by her during the nights. I'm afraid I'm getting my hopes up and will be fried by the time I have to lead the meetings upon my return.