Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Why I Never Get Anything Done

Recently, I've realized something about myself. If I start a project, I want to be able to finish it--in a short period of time, if not immediately. I don't want to be interrupted. Of course, interruptions are unavoidable--I know this. But I paralyze myself with the potential for interruptions. Such as, "I can't start writing that blog post because I'll just get it started and Baby Girl will wake up and be hungry." Silly example, but as I look around at the piles and mess that is my house now, it certainly fits for those other things too!

Today is a work at home day, so while Baby Girl is sleeping, I better do some of that. Before I get interrupted!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're in the midst of a huge adjustment! Be patient with yourself. :-)

Ann said...

Why many women never became great musicians or authors or artists in days gone by - no uninterrupted time to go to the depths. But watching babies is better than any TV show.